Keep Your Pets Safe This Halloween

October 20, 2011

This Halloween be mindful of what kind of candy or treats are left lying around if you have pets in your home. It is well known that chocolate, even in small amounts, can be toxic to dogs, but there are healthier treats that are just as harmful to pets…Raisins. Raisins, a popular healthy alternative to candy during Halloween, are very toxic and can, even in small amounts, cause kidney failure. Keep your Halloween treats away from your pets and your pets away from the treats for a healthy Halloween.

Another risk this Halloween is pets getting lost. Halloween is the second most common holiday for pets to get lost. This is due to pets easily becoming scared and stressed due to all the unfamiliar people in costumes and the high noise/activity level for the night. The stress may cause your pet to run off if you happen to take your pet out trick or treating, or they may escape out the front door while you’re handing out treats.

This Halloween be sure to be aware of your pet so they can have a safe and healthy evening. For more tips and insight, be sure to check out the ABC News article.

Source: ABC News